Friday, October 29, 2004

Update: Schilling reports....

The local news is reporting that Schilling says ''While I am a Bush supporter, and I did vote for him with an absentee ballot, speaking as I did the other day was wrong. While I hope to see him re-elected, it's not my place, nor the time for me to offer up my political opinions unsolicited,'' the e-mail read. He cancelled a public appearance with Bush in New Hampshire for today...saying that his doctor needed to look at his ankle. First things first, Curt.

The comment he made "vote Bush" sure took me back the other morning, and he had so many fans of all persuations, I just thought it was very bad form to actively campaign when he was being interviewed as a Red Sock. The parade is tomorrow and George has decided to go, and be a part of the two million people lining the streets of downtown Boston. I have decided I cannot go because of my cold/cough/misery that I am trying to recover from. I think I will sit home and knit a pair of Red Socks for Michael for Christmas instead. Good idea!