Thursday, October 14, 2004

Baking Baskets

Yesterday George bought five tickets to his company's United Way Raffle and won the Baking Basket. It is just the basket that I would have bid on. The other baskets were "wake me up" filled with coffee, something with a lot of bottles of liquor and mixes(hehe), and another one called "barbecue" with a small keg of beer and barbecue things. I am very very happy with the "baking" basket. He said it was by far the largest of them all--and he had to have help taking the two huge baskets to his car.

I was amazed when I saw them. They are filled with all kinds of things for baking: bundt pans, rolling pin, flour, sugar, spices, cookie sheets, vanilla, cookie mix, cake mix, whisks, chocolate chips, sifters, pot holder mitts, aprons, a whole long list of things to make goodies with. I really can hardly believe all the stuff that is in those two baskets. They were certainly generous! He had the biggest smile on his face when I came home and he asked me to come to the livingroom. His secretary says he owes her some cookies, since she was the one who talked him into the buying the tickets. Woohoo! I can't wait to tear into the baskets and bake something. Just in time for Thanksgiving, Mike! Yay!

George bakes wonderful cookies. People love his cookies and I love to bake and have a brand new Kitchen Aid 6 quart mixer and this basket could not find a home in a better place! Lucky George almost always wins the raffle when one is offered. He has won the raffle prize at the flying field picnic so often he had to stop buying tickets because it was embarrassing.

So, see you in the kitchen.