Sunday, October 17, 2004

More! More!

I just read a blog about knitting. She writes: It's hard to tell when the yarn ends and you begin. I know what she means. Yesterday I stopped in at the yarn store and bought some fun yarns for even more scarves. This has got to stop. But I can't help myself. It is so much fun to find the right stitch for the texture of the yarn. I imagine different people wearing them and think about giving them as Christmas gifts, and if they are a little glam for most folks I know, I think about how to wear them myself. Where do I stop and the yarn begin? It is not easy to tell. I have a whole stash of yarns by the side of my chair for all kinds of moods. Right now, since I had a too busy and not so great weekend, I am knitting a scarf in the softest white fluffy yarn, like knitting with marshmallow fluff. It is easy and it makes me happy. Maybe maybe I will find the right person for this new creation and make them happy too.

Sometimes, playing a roleplaying interactive game like Everquest, it is also hard to tell where your character stops and you begin. Tonight Mike and I met and did a task together. My first time. It was really great to have him along. Running through lands of Norrath that others know well, but that I have never seen because I am a coward, he was very patient with me as I made sure I had camoflage, levitate, and assorted spells to ward off the unknown dangers. I am equal to the task, but I don't always believe I am. Self confidence is a real "in game" problem for me. We ended up running through the dragon city in Skyfire, and it was thrilling.

Sailing over the red lava rivers, I found the character at the end of the task and got money and experience as loot. I enjoyed it enough that we did another task right after, with much the same route, and the same result. Something that he found too easy I'm sure, but that is the way I like to do things.

At the end I took a wrong direction, ran right smack into an evil city, and Loral was for once, terror stricken enough that he typed out "mom!". That may not make sense here, but it was very funny afterwards. Where did Elfauna end and "mom" begin? It is very funny to me, this slip of the tongue. I looked at the word Mom as I was running, and didn't even know what that word meant. I wasn't expecting him to call me that. Elfauna quickly changed course and lived to tell the tale and will be happy to do the simple tasks for now.

I do not have to immediately move onto the next thing in order to feel challenged. Maybe that is why I have knitted 20 scarves lately. I like things in multiples of more.

Thanks, Michael. I had a blast.