Saturday, October 29, 2005

Speechless!

This morning I was struck speechless. I looked out the kitchen window as I was making the coffee, and there were wild turkeys in the back yard. A LOT of wild turkeys. I wanted to call to George and I was so excited I was struck speechless. I didn't want to yell, for fear of scaring them off. As it turns out, that was not a problem. George counted 21 wild turkeys, and as we watched and whispered, they went from our driveway across to the neighbors yard and were finally stopped by a high fence. As they meandered back, we got brave. I went out on the porch and they didn't seem to mind me or my camera at all. Then George went out onto the driveway with a liter of sunflower seed, and as he dumped the seeds on the ground, the turkeys came running! Just like wild ducks.

Anyway, we had a fun time watching this gaggle of turkeys and thinking about Thanksgiving!

Have a great day. Gobble gobble.