Thursday, October 13, 2005

Laughter is the best medicine

I think there is a Reader's Digest column called "Laughter is the Best Medicine". I can vouch for that. I have had this cold for two weeks, and just doing what I need to do at work, and then going to my meetings at church two nights, seemed like almost too much. Last night I cut my bell choir practice short, but I was there to rehearse our piece for Sunday, and I had so much fun laughing with the others at the silly antics, that I think it was just good for my soul. At one point I had tears streaming down my face, overcome by giggles, only because someone's page clip had shot across the space during a particularly fast page turn. It was funny. You had to be there.

Today is a day for me to look for other ways to laugh, since I'm sure that is something I need more than antibiotics. My doctor does not prescribe antibiotics for colds, which she says are viruses, and don't respond. She thinks we should save the antibiotic for when we really need it. Maybe she is right. I hope. But, I am getting better, and life is looking up.

Have a great day.