Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Home safe and snug

It must be me, but I thought that getting from Hastings to the Minneapolis Airport was a little tricky. Thank goodness my gracious and kind relative was helpful enough to give me a "dry run". George and I often do dry runs if we have a morning meeting, or an event to go to, and we don't know where it is or how long it will take to get there. She gave me all the directions several times, a map, and a sticky note. I only missed one exit, uffda. I missed the 149 Exit right before 494, but, no matter, I went west, just as I was supposed to, and pretty soon, there was the airport. Following signs once I got there was no problem. It did seem like a rubik's cube of roads right around the airport and I'm not surprised that I got really bungled up when I picked up the car. Budget rental car did a great job of letting me turn the car in fast and I was at the gate with plenty of time. The church ladies preparing the luncheon for after the funeral packed me a nice lunch of two ham on roll sandwiches and two delicious homemade bars. I ate them in the airport, not even waiting to get on the plane.

I had a silver tricked out PTCruiser for a rental car and enjoyed it a lot. George asked if it was big enough to fit a model airplane in. I said sure. (It is not.) But I was hoping he may want to take one for a test drive some day, I was that impressed.

Minnesota has always been beautiful, and still is, and the towns of Red Wing and Lake City are even more beautiful and prosperous than before. I will go back and take George there too. I really enjoyed seeing the cousins, if only for a short time, and the hospitality could not have been better. I'm not unpacked, but it is time to go to work and back to reality.

Have a great day.