Friday, October 07, 2005

The Good, The Bad and The Not Ugly

The good is that mom is better. The "cocktail" of half a cup of white antibiotic fluid which the doctor gave her on Monday seemed to have worked it's magic, and when I called her on Wednesday night, she was much better, stronger, and said, "Hi!" with a clear voice full of optimism. It was a gift from God to hear her strong and getting better. The bad is that I, on the other hand, did not get such a cocktail, and have been fighing this cough/cold/bronchial infection by myself. I did not go to the doctor when I should have, and every day I think that I am going to be ok, and every night I suffer through with lots of wakeful periods of coughing and a box of kleenex. Today I am some better, but not well.

The hopefully Not Ugly is that I have twenty items listed on Ebay and sales have been slow this week. I'm hopeful that my jewelry is pretty enough to attract some attention soon. I do know, from selling at craft shows, that people either like it or not. Some think that it is too showy I think. But I have analysed this, and feel that I simply must make what I love making, and find an audience that appreciates it. Making jewelry that I don't love sounds way too much like work. I want this to be fun.

George is home Saturday morning from Hawaii. He shopped and bought three strands of freshwater pearls for me to string for myself. I can't wait to see them. He said they are beautiful, and it was fun listening to him talk about all the things he looked at. The website is: www.pearlcoralhawaii.com, if you feel like doing some shopping.

This morning my goal is to get kitty to understand that we have run out of Friskies canned food, and that the bit of tuna I gave her is going to have to make do until I get out to the store. She gets Science diet dry food and has plenty of that, but her half teaspoon of wet food is what she seems to live for. Somehow, she is not getting the whole picture, and if cats can badger, then that is what she is doing. Meow, Meow, MEOW!!!

Off to go get cat food.
Have a great day.