Friday, November 12, 2004

That dreaded four letter word....

SNOW! The forecast is for 3-5 inches of snow for us tonight and tomorrow. And George and I have the same emergency we had last year. The bulbs are not planted. Again we will have to run out in the dark of night with flashlights and shovels and hurriedly plunk our bulbs into the ground. We talked about doing it last weekend, but we didn't do it and now...oh my, will we ever learn? Last year we waited to plant even longer, and it was frigid. This year, it is still mild, so maybe we are ok. Perhaps it will warm up tomorrow and we can get the bulbs in with the sunshine that always follows the clouds.

The house next door is still a hulk of wood and plastic wrap. (George and I call it "the barn".) My sweaters and winter coats are still packed in lavender in the closet (moth balls are way too smelly, I made that mistake one year,) and I haven't bought my winter boots yet. I'm not ready for snow yet. Maybe it will just rain and we can plant bulbs later this weekend. Lets use that other four letter word -- hope.