Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Looks like Bush wins

I'm not going to use this blog to talk about politics. It is not a huge part of my life, politics, and I think there are good political blogs out there. But doesn't this statement sound pompous to you? UPDATE: "President Bush is convinced he has won re-election, but will hold off a formal victory declaration to give Democrat John Kerry "time to reflect" on the results." Is he a nose-up-in-the-air Texan or what?

Why would Kerry concede defeat now, when the results are not in? With 50% of the people against you, I wouldn't gloat, Mr. Bush. It was close. Really close. But in the end, the states that are Republican voted that way, and all the new young Democratic voters were not enough to swing it over. I think the country split into two. I am happy that right now I live in a Democratic state, because that is where I belong. I won't say that I am not disappointed at having President Bush for four more years, but I am not surprised.

I just had coffee in a little cafe near my office and sitting at the next table was Senator Charles Shannon, a Democrat. He is a really nice man and I said hello. He looked tired.