Thursday, April 02, 2009

Fast and furious

Seems to me that the world is going at an almighty fast pace. Today the headlines are that the Global leaders have found a solution (a trillion dollars) and that we may have hit the bottom of the recession. Things will go up from here. Seems to me it was only weeks ago that the whole thing became major news.

Fast; we want our computers fast, our fast food fast, and our banking fast. I was struck today by the biggest smile on the face of President Obama. He seems to really relish standing there with all those heads of state. I mean, that is pretty fast company he is keeping! I don't remember such a big smile on any recent president; well, maybe Reagan. He seemed to have a big smile on his face.

I am struck sometimes by how fast people buy big items and dispose of them. Everyone I know has a newer phone than I do and a faster and smaller computer. Most people have thrown three or four of those away in the time that I have had mine. It just seems that we go through stuff very fast. I have food in my refrigerator that is older than my son's computer!

I don't know, I guess it is the way of the world to have things fast. My head spins. We are told it is the end of the world, and then, oops, bam, no that's all solved, the market is going up, and things are on their way up again.

Of course, if I was given a trillion dollars, I guess I could solve things pretty fast too.

Have a great day.