Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Linked In

Today I opened my account on LinkedIn. It seems to me that in a recession there are certain businesses that are going to thrive, and one of them is anything to do with networking. When I was looking for a job a couple of years ago, the counselors at the employment service were adamant that networking was key. It was a concept that was foreign to me. I didn't know many people that I thought could help. I did manage to expand my horizons and actually went on a job interview arranged by someone at my church.

So I have a LinkedIn account as of today, and I'm not sure what I will use it for, but communication with each other can't hurt. I'm thinking that there are a lot of jewelry designers out there who would love to be linked into each other. I've taken another first step to openmindedness and am trying something new.

Have a great day!