Sunday, March 02, 2008

Da common cold

George and I just went out to Walgreen's to get cough syrup and cough drops. Yuk. I have a cold. I haven't been sick in three years, but I have had a sore throat for four days and it isn't going away quickly. Everyone I know has been sick. I take lots of vitamins, and eat my fruits and vegetables and wash my hands well many times a day, but it didn't prevent me from getting sick.

The weekend has been a bust. With my car banged up and in the shop, my head stopped up and my throat raspy and hurting, about the only thing that is good is my cup of Good Earth tea and a good book. In fact, I have finished two books this weekend. I finished a book called The Julie/Julia Project, about a woman who cooked her way through Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking in a year. It was a fun, fast read. Then I read an Andrew Greeley mystery, "The Bishop and the Beggar Girl", which I got at the library. If you haven't tried Good Earth tea, don't miss it. I buy it at Trader Joe's, and it is worth the trip. More about this tea later. I'm too lazy to go look at the box to read the ingredients, which are many and amazing. Time to go back to the couch.

Have a great evening.