Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Day to day, today

George is still in Hawaii. He is shopping for t-shirts for me that I can wear to the health club. Who knew that I would go through so many t-shirts in a week. He is shopping for more pearls for me. For $10, the Hawaiian pearl lady will also hand knot them, so I asked him to buy me a necklace made with black pearls that is already made and ready to wear. Can't wait. He visited my niece and her family, including her brave husband who is a Marine and just back from Iraq. They will be stationed for three years in Hawaii and I think that is just wonderful. I wish I had gotten to visit with them too....but .... someday.

Thunder and I rattle around in the big house without George. She isn't sure what to make of the emptier nest. She meows and scratches and wakes me up two or three times during the night looking for the warm body. I have a whole list of things that have to get done when George is not around to do them. I microwaved Thunder's cat food today, to make it just a little warmer, and we both thought of George and all the nice things he does for her.

I also put in a load of laundry, washed the dishes, emptied the garbage, packed my lunch and stopped at the dry cleaner. I miss George a lot when he is not here. My motions are just motions without him and the whole thing seems rather blah. The house seems big, and last night I realized I was turning lamps on just because and I didn't actually need all those rooms lit up. So I turned them back off and retreated to the bedroom to watch the travel channel. I meant to curl up with a good book, but I only got to the curl up part, before I feel asleep.

George will be home Friday morning at 6 a.m. I can't wait!

Aloha, George! Hope you are having a wondertime time!