Monday, October 29, 2007

Sox Win the World Series and I get a new Coffeepot!

It just happens this morning, that I want to talk about my new coffeepot, but that the Sox WON the World Series last night, so now my coffeepot seems less important. But there are lots of wonderful sports writers who will tell you all about the World Series, and I doubt that anyone will tell you about my coffeepot, so...Yay Sox...Go Coffeepot!

My old coffeepot wasn't that old. I bought it within this year. It was a Braum, and within five days of bringing it home form the store, the lid broke off. I hate that. It made ok, not great, coffee, but that lid really bothered me. The lid would fall inside the water area, or fall behind the pot, or disappear all together. With a broken lid, even the Salvation Army wouldn't want such a pot.

Yesterday I went out to look for a new one. We went to several stores and had coupons and resolve to find a pot I would really like. We looked at pots that cost $175, and pots that cost $19.00. It seemed silly to spend more than $50 on a coffeepot, since I am the only one that drinks coffee around here, George doesn't even want to TALK about coffee. He gamely went with me from store to store (God Bless George) and we found this nice Mr. Coffee 20 feet up in the air at a Linens and Things.

I had a coupon. 20% off. The coffeepot was on sale from $59.00 to $39.00. Cheap! And the best thing about this coffeepot, other than the secure lid, is that it tells you when the coffee is done.

There isn't a voice, thank goodness, but a little beep...a polite little beep, when the coffee is finished brewing. That little beep got me. I love my little beep in the morning.

But the greatest feature is that it has a timer, so I can make the coffee the night before and have it ready at six in the morning. No more rinsing, dumping grinds, opening cans, filling water reservoirs, or spilling coffee grounds or water in the morning...now I can do all that the night before!

I love my coffeepot. I love the Red Sox.

What a great day! Have a good one!