Friday, October 05, 2007

It's the Wool Tour Weekend!

Sometimes on Friday nights I get so excited about my weekend plans that I can hardly stay in bed to sleep. George and I watched the exciting conclusion of the Indians beating the Yankees, and when I turned off the lights, I started thinking of my blog, and how I had not written all week.

The week goes fast. This week we got a new furnace and a new water heater. George had to do a lot of prep work in the basement, and he worked hard. He had to take three days off to get the furnace taken care of. We had no hot water this morning, so we went over to the neighbor's house to take showers. I felt like a camper, standing outside my neighbors door in the early morning with my towel and my shampoo. It would have been embarrassing, except that the thought of a cold shower was just too awful to contemplate. So, I took my warm shower, and skedaddled back across the street to my own bathroom to dry my hair and get ready for work. By the time I got home again, I was back into my routine and all was well again.

I made one bracelet this week and spun some wool. My new spools and lazy kate and niddy noddy arrived from California. My spinning wheel is all oiled and running smooth and quiet. I'm all ready to begin spinning again, and I managed to spin about a spool's worth last Sunday. It is relaxing and fun. My friend at church said I must be crazy to pick up yet another hobby, but, the more the merrier as far as I am concerned.

Tomorrow is the New Hampshire Wool Tour, and George and Connie and I will head off at 9:00 to go to Antrim, and small towns nearby to go from farm to farm visiting with other spinners, dyers, and wool people. We will see sheep and sheep dogs and people playing bag pipes and the lady who spins from her rabbit that sits on her lap. We will see llamas and alpacas and all things wooly and woolier. And it will be fun.

It will be fun to see old friends and to meet new ones. Connie doesn't even knit or spin and she still loves to go with us. It is a fun time to catch up with our beading talk, and because I hate to talk and drive, George is being chauffeur. What would I do without him?

Have a great weekend.