Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Early to bed and early to rise...

It is 6:44 and I am in my jacket and ready to leave for work. George has a meeting this morning, and I carpool with him, so I am going in early too. I go to bed early, and jump out of bed rested and ready in the morning. 8:30 or 9:30 is my bedtime, and I'm going to be unashamed. That seems a little early, I know, but it is so much nicer to be wide awake in the morning than to stay up and watch some silly show on TV and wake up bleary eyed and tired.

I commute from work to home sometimes so that George can stay later at his office. Last night I caught the subway near my office in the usual time, and took it two stops to the end of the line. And then the world stopped. The bus is supposed to come every 20 minutes, but it was 45 minutes of standing on the cement before the bus finally showed up to take it's weary passengers on the final leg home. I was beside myself! 45 minutes on a boring train station walkway is way too long. So today I am carpooling again, and happier for it!

Rather than get on that darn bus again, George and I will stop at Dunkin Donuts for a nice coffee, get doughnuts for George to take to his 8:00 meeting, and I will arrive at work at least 45 minutes early. Sounds good to me.

Have a great day.