Monday, September 24, 2007

Sunday in New Hampshire

George and I drove to New Hampshire yesterday to go to the Wool Room which is owned by my friend Ann. She taught me how to spin wool several years ago and I had put it away for awhile and needed a refresher. I also needed some new roving. She helped me oil up my Ashford Traditional spinning wheel and get me threaded up and started again. It is like riding a bike, I never forgot how. The fibers handled easily in my hands and the wool spun like crazy.

It is lovely to spin your own wool. There is something mesmerizing about watching the bobbin fill with pretty yarn that you made yourself. Of course, what you spin off the roving is just the first step. Then you have to fill another bobbin and wind them together. That is easy and fun to do too.

So I'm spinning again and I feel great about it. It was a beautiful Sunday morning in New Hampshire. The trees are just turning and it was a glorious sunny day.

Have a great day.