Saturday, September 08, 2007

Fall is here...I think

I can tell it is Fall in Boston by the traffic. The kids are back in school and it took George and I 20 minutes to get out of our little town on our way to work the other day. The cars were backed up behind several different crossing guards and then a train went through too. We were both amazed at how bottled up things get when the kids go back to school.

Boston is in need of a nice rain storm. The weather has been dry for a month, and the grass is turning yellow. The tomato vines look terrible, but they are producing lovely red tomatoes, so that is all that matters.

There has been no sign of Chuckie or his family of woodchucks who lived under our garage. We haven't seen them since July. I think it may have to do with the resident skunk. We only see him late at night if we drive into the driveway. That is highly unlikely, since we seldom are out late at night. Sometimes we can smell him. He seems to be digging around in our yard and sometimes knocks over things just for meanness. I'm not really fond of skunks. Is anyone?

Fall is here and I found myself thinking about the Wool Tour in New Hampshire. It will take place in late September and I am looking forward to going to see the sheep and the sheep dogs and the spinning wheels and all the beautiful roving. It is a great weekend, and we always stop at the same Chinese restaurant in Antrim for a lunch.

We had a great summer, with trips to the lake in New Hampshire and to New Orleans. But now I'm ready to knuckle down to a nice cool fall day of knitting!

Have a great day.