Sunday, April 22, 2007

A long flight

George is safe on the other side of the world. He called this morning and said that the flight was long and "grueling" but that he is safe at the Hilton Hotel. Thank God for globalization I say. When you go to a Hilton you know what to expect. My advice to him was to take a long walk down the hallway to the soda machine and buy a few bottles of nice cold water and then go to bed (it was nine o'clock there) with a couple of Advils. He is tall and I imagine that his legs need a good stretch. I hope he sleeps well.

I had two orders for necklaces from ladies at church, so I got up this morning early to finish one, and now I'm ready to go to church, teach Sunday School, and spend some part of the day with my good friend Connie. Not having George here to do things has already taken it's toll. I meant ALL day yesterday to go take the clothes out of the dryer, and they are still there. There's no one here to keep me on track!

The other thing I've noticed is that everything on TV is not worth watching. George is usually in charge of the remote, and often finds things of interest, but for the life of me, I can't find anything to watch. I'm trying to censor myself from the doom and gloom of the news stations, and unless there is a good travel show on, I find that TV is just a big waste of time.

The weather is glorious. Time for a nice walk.

Have a great day.