Friday, April 06, 2007

Almost Easter!

This is the weekend when we go to church services every night. Tonight was simple and nice, and George and I were happy to be there, and happy to be together. Afterward we stopped at Kohl's and I bought mom an Easter present -- a new blouse -- and George bought me a new gold coffee filter. No one said you can't go shopping after church, did they?

Tomorrow is cake baking day. We will make bundt cakes and cup cakes to serve on Easter morning. It is a flurry of activity at this time of year. We also will make a trip to our favorite Swedish bakery for some bought cakes filled with fruit. Every year we are the coffee hosts and there is a big crowd. It is fun to make special cakes and do things up nice for the hungry crowd between Easter services. We put in the extra effort and everyone looks forward to it.

I am also coloring eggs this year. There aren't any kids here to enjoy them, but I like them! I like coloring them, I like looking at them, and I like eating them...so there.

Have a great night. Tomorrow is Saturday and I've been looking forward to it all week!