Thursday, April 19, 2007

Aloha George!

George is leaving for Hawaii in the morning. I am sad that he is going and even sadder that I am not going with him. I hope he has a splendid time. In the past he has gone to a lovely store and bought me pearls to make into jewelry, but lately I discovered an online seller of pearls in the Philippines and I have just about as many strands of pearls as a girl needs! They sold $200 worth of pearls for $80, and...I bought some. I also bought many strands of beautiful mother-of-pearl that are gorgeous and I can't wait to start on some new jewelry this weekend.

I will be alone for the next week and a half and will have lots of time to make jewelry. I even might have time to pick up a book and read it! Kitty and I are going to be lonesome around here. And worse, I have to do my own laundry, dishes and cooking! Oh no!

Since I am working again, George is picking up the slack with the housework. I get home later than he does, so he is kind enough to cook, clean, and shop. I'm really going to miss him!

I hope he has a safe trip and enjoys the tangerines and cookies that I'm going to sneak into his carry on. You never know when they will run out of food on airplanes these days.

Have a great day!