Sunday, January 01, 2006

Is there such a thing as too much holiday?

I had four days off for Christmas and four days off for New Year, and only 2 1/2 work days. I hate to say it, but life will be good when it gets back to normal. George and I have been thinking about taking the Christmas decorations down, but we are only in the thinking and planning stages. We bought two huge red and green bins today, and that will help us next year. Last year packed things in boxes, and they were so hard to find in the attic that we never did find everything this year. But we had enough so that nothing was missed.

Today I made black eyed peas for good luck in the New Year, a southern tradition. They were delicious. I added sauteed vegetables, tomatoes, Cajun spices, and pieces of ham from the Honey Baked ham we had at Christmas. My New Year Resolution is to eat more salads, and the past three days I have served a salad. So far, so good.

Tomorrow we are going to the movies to see Memoire of Geisha. Then it is take down the tree decorations time, and then off to work on Tuesday.

A good thing. Have a great day.