Monday, September 05, 2005

Dining Room Photo Studio

One thing I do not want my blogger audience to see is the state of my dining room when I am making jewelry. It is quite the factory in there, and I have things just the way I want them--but to the outside viewer it might look a little like tornado alley. I bought some silver fire fly charms which have taken flight in a lot of my earrings and bracelets that I made yesterday, and I have made some pink pearl and Swarvowski bracelets for mothers and daughters that I think people might really like. I will take them to the art fair next Saturday and see if I am right.

This long weekend has been just right for making jewelry and trying out my new photo studio, which is a translucent white plastic box, turned on its side, with a photo light shining through from above. Although my pictures still have a little too much grey in them, at least they are not all coming out yellow like before. Little by little I am learning how to do this. I read this little hint on a google search about photographing jewelry. Google knows everything.

While I have been busy making jewelry, George has been working on his four remote control airplanes, and is either in the basement in his workshop, or out at the flying field in the salt marsh trying them out. I went out with him last night, but the tiny little gnats finally drove us out. Today he is on his own.

I am rather freaked out by a blog entry that I wrote about New Orleans in September of 2004 entitled "Good Luck New Orleans". If you want to look it up, it is there, and it pretty much says that we were concerned about Ivan hitting New Orleans on September 15th of last year, and much of what we are talking about in hindsite now, we were afraid was going to happen then. It is eerie to see what I wrote. Now, the bomb has dropped, there is nothing we can do but pray for the survivors and work hard to make life better for them one person at a time. Homelessness is not an easy issue to solve.

I am praying for better days ahead.