Thursday, September 29, 2005

Criss-crossing the country

Today I am back from Oklahoma. The temperature when I arrived was in the 60's, and I luxuriated in the coolness of the evening. I guess I just don't thrive on hot climate, and Oklahoma was warm all the time, even with the air conditioners in my mom's house going full throttle. Anyway, I had a good time, and I'm happy to be home again.

Michael leaves today to San Diego for a "summit" about Everquest at Sony headquarters. He is meeting with other power gamers, to discuss the new expansions. Sounds like fun, and I'm glad it's him and not me. They wouldn't invite me there, that's for sure. I miss my gaming time, and look forward to being online this weekend.

George leaves on Sunday for another business trip to Hawaii. In order to save thousands, he is flying at 6 a.m. on Sunday. He flies first class, doctors orders, because of his back and the fact that he is so tall, the seats are just plain uncomfortable. I can vouch for that. I fly coach, and yesterday I had barely room for my relatively small purse, a small bag with a paperback, a bottle of water, and a Harpers Bazaar magazine. I was scrunched in there like an old kleenex. Wonder of wonders, my connection through Chicago went swimmingly. I had to walk fast through 38 gates, but that was ok--good and much needed exercise. There was a thunderstorm right overhead, and we still took off right on time and were in the air in a flash--literally. The flight seemed short. I read a novel, Blackwood Manor by Anne Rice, and haven't got to the vampire part yet and I'm almost through. It is good, and my first Ann Rice book. She has legions of fans and writes about New Orleans and the South, and I'm enjoying the book. I'm still really sad about all that has happened in the Gulf Coast. It seems like a wound that will take an awfully long time to heal.

Back to work. Have a great day ya'll.