Saturday, August 08, 2009

Welcome to Saturday!

I have a bad habit. I get up at 5:30 on Saturdays. I never get up that early when I have to go to work, but for some reason, I wake up and I have so many things I want to do; organize something, knit something, bead something, clean something, pet something....you get the idea.

This morning the temperature is 58 degrees. It is sunny and still and beautiful. No one is up yet except me and the scampering kitties. Oh, and a backyard visitor. Mr. Turkey likes our birdseed. He has been here almost every morning this week. Our resident night time visitor in our backyard is a friendly skunk, who digs a little, skulks around and I think discourages the family of woodchucks under the garage and makes them find a new home. One of the teenager woodchucks was out there yesterday morning, but the whole family seems to have moved on for now. No damage to our garden lately, and...well...here's hoping.

We like our sweet potato vines hanging from a window box on the deck, and our patio tomatoes are turning red. Patio tomatoes placed up on the table are our answer to woodchucks. Take that, Chucky!

Simba and Safari are so happy to have me up and drinking coffee with them that it is hard to stay in bed on such a beautiful morning. Everyone is hungry for a new day!

Have a good one.