Saturday, January 05, 2008

Working Out

I went for my fifth visit to the health club last night and met with my trainer. He is very nice and we had a lot of fun. It is hard to lift 70 pounds when you are in a giggle, but that is what was happening. The amazing thing is that I am finding it really liberating to sweat. My makeup goes on the towel, and the sweat drips, and I just keep on going. He ratcheted up my reps on the weight machines, and some of them were really hard. I don't hurt today, which is what I worried about. I guess when you do it right, and with the right people helping you, it doesn't hurt. I felt elated when I left. It is so great to do the right thing. I'm going to do this 6 times a week for a year, and then we will see what kind of difference exercise makes in a sedentary life! Let's face it, making jewelry and knitting isn't aerobic.

Last night I did my 30 minutes on the cardio-monitored bike and loved every minute of it. There is a TV and a built in fan, and it really isn't that hard. After 15 minutes I really know I'm working my body. The trainer had me balance on a semi circle cushion and try to stand upright. At first it was really hard, but I found out that concentration helped, and in the end, I wasn't so clumsy. Without exercise, my balance has suffered, and it is a good thing to try to work to get it back. He also had me use a big ball against the wall and do squats. Not my favorite thing, but I got it, and then he added 10 pound handbells to the process. It really was fun to work with him for the 45 minutes and I have another session on Sunday.

My body is asking "whatzup?"

Have a great day!