Saturday, March 10, 2007

No Aloha

I didn't write about it in my blog, but George was expecting to go to Hawaii last week and he was going to take me along. I didn't write about it here because I didn't want to jinx it. My window of opportunity to go was last week, and if we didn't go then, I wouldn't be able to go. I went from being very sure and excited on Monday to being down in the dumps on Thursday and then pretty resigned that the trip was not to be on Friday. He may still go to Honolulu on business next week, but without me. I was really looking forward to seeing the waves, but ended up riding
them instead. Up, down, go, no go.

To top off the week, George also came down with a bad cold/flu/bronchial infection the last three days, so it would have been a terrible ordeal for him to fly at this time anyway. He has a low fever and is very uncomfortable. Flying for 18 hours would have been terrible.

The downside is that I don't get to do all the things I was so excited about doing in Hawaii, and the upside is that I have a lot of nice new summer clothes to wear here. Yes, I had already done some shopping--of course.

The week was a roller coaster, and we are still recovering. Sometimes things work out for the best, and I think this is one of those times.

Alas.

Have a great day!