Sunday, March 25, 2007

Bracelet Round Robin


Several months ago, I joined a group bracelet Round Robin. To start off, I took a chain, and added a sterling heart toggle clasp and one yellow bead, and sent it to the next person on the list. I added a journal with lots of blank pages where people could write what they wanted and then send it on to the next person. There were 15 people on the mailing list, and each of us would add a bead or two, and write in the journal what we had added, and then mail it to the next person on the list. So each of us added beads to all fifteen bracelets over the course of the six months.

Yesterday the final exciting package arrived! My bracelet! I named this bracelet "Mellow Yellow". A long time ago I had heard that yellow beaded items were hard to sell, and that it was not a good jewelry color, so I just wanted to try it and see what would happen.

The journal is really fun to read and people remembered the song and hummed along as they worked on my bracelet.

It is so full of beautiful beads, and so fun to look at. Just think how many cities it went to before it came all the way back to me! Fun!

have a great day.