Wednesday, February 21, 2007

No problems? Let's make some.

Yesterday I ran an errand to the post office, and decided to stop in at The Christmas Tree Shop to see if they had any containers to use for beads to help organize my jewelry studio. I'm always looking for new ways to organize beads! I found some really nice round nesting boxes which I can use for jewelry. I pack jewelry items in these to take to shows, and then use the boxes themselves as display pieces sometimes. I also use them to organize silver and beads.

Anyway, I had a fine time looking at all the things they have at the Christmas Tree Shop. It is a big import store and you can never tell what you will find there at very reasonable prices. I don't go there often so I enjoyed looking at all kinds of stuff.

On my way out the door I took my keys out of my purse, put my purse and the bags full of boxes into the cart, and wheeled it all outside. I parked the cart by the outside door, put everything into my car, and drove off down busy Route 1. About 10 miles down the road, and almost home, I looked into the seat of my car and saw that my purse was not there. I quickly realized (with HORROR) that I had left my purse in the cart baby seat right outside the store.

I managed a quick turn around in someone's driveway, and headed back to Route One, which is a very busy local highway that is a long divided highway. I had to go all the way back, then continue on to the turn-around in a U-turn lane, and then ALL the way back to the store. I was praying that whole time that the nice ladies shopping behind me would find it and turn it in. It was not a busy day at the store, I told myself. The people who shop there are all nice people, I told myself. I prayed. I tried to drive carefully but quickly, since now I was without a driver's license. I tried not to think what would happen if all my credit cards and drivers license were missing. I realized that I carry too many credit cards with me and vowed to change that in the future. I prayed some more.

At the store I had to wait for the service person to get off the phone. I didn't see my purse at her desk anywhere. When I finally got to tell her why I was there she asked my name. "Oh, yes, we have your handbag at counter 23", she said. She called the manager. WOOHOO!!! They asked me to show my driver's license for ID and out I walked. Indeed, it was one of the very nice ladies behind me who had turned it in. I was very relieved I might say. Thank you again to the angels who follow me around and make things ok again when I do stupid stuff.

Have a great day.