Monday, February 12, 2007

A busy weekend

George and I had a really busy weekend, but boy did we have fun! On Friday night I had a private jewelry showing for some friends at church, and I had a great time showing everyone what I had made. I set up in the library just like a mini-craft show, and laid out all the sparklies. We all really enjoyed ourselves. My friends were a very good audience and good customers too! I have some work to do this week to resize things and make some of their creative ideas for new jewelry come true, so I'm going to be in the bead studio for a few hours this week making it happen.

On Saturday George and I shopped for things for the chocolate fountain. I made a necklace as a gift in the morning and mailed it off by noon while George made the rice crispy bars for dipping. The Hearts Party was a big success, with four tables of card players and a very successful chocolate fountain. The chocolate flowed freely, and all the snacks were tasty. We used up six bags of chocolate in the fountain and threw about four bags worth of chocolate mixed with oil away at the end of the evening, because that is the way chocolate fountains work...a lot of waste...but...it was a hit! The only downside was that we forgot to take the rice crispy bars, but they weren't missed.

Sunday I had 11 energetic kids in my Sunday school classroom, and we made valentines to give to our families and learned about the Prodigal Son. Sunday afternoon was a huge event...a jewelry class with someone who I really admire and who makes really beautiful jewelry...and I made this! A new necklace that is a complete departure from what I usually do. It was a lot of fun to work with someone else's inspiration, and then add my own touches. I finished the necklace this morning with all the tiny wire wrapped shell beads and crystals. I do best when I learn by taking a class. It is worth the money for me to have the beads chosen, a successful project assured, and to meet new people who love to make jewelry as much as I do. It was an exciting afternoon and I can't wait to wear the necklace.

Last night we watched three episodes of Rome, the best TV Show ever, shown only on HBO, which we do not have. So we signed up for Netflix so we could order the disks and see lots of other great movies besides. Popcorn!

It was a wonderful weekend, and I have a great new necklace to wear. Nice!

Have a great day.