Friday, February 16, 2007

Malaise strikes with a vengence

I got sick on Thursday morning and spent the day wishing I wasn't so sick! In the afternoon it hit me...food poisoning. I was so sick! Not much can be worse. I was headachey, with a fever, chills, and all the other dramatic symptoms of food poisoning which I won't go into here. I could barely make it from bathroom to bed, and back again. Wouldn't you know it, last night George had tickets for us to go to a nice dinner, a date, an evening out...and instead he had to go alone to the dinner and presentation about rocket science (no kidding), and I was laying in bed sleeping and sipping Sierra Mist.

This morning I was able to get up and drive to the drug store, and later in the day I actually got out to deliver some jewelry. It is very treacherous out there. What looks like a nice four inches of snow is actually pure ice. The cars are all iced in, the driveway is icy and the curbs are a 2 foot barrier of ice. I walked down to the car carefully and slid the last two feet until I was able to grab hold of the car and get in.

When I got home, I was wishing that I felt better, so I took my temperature again, and it is 100...just enough to make me feel puny and sickly. No wonder I don't feel like doing anything useful.

Better days ahead.

Have a great day.