Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Land of the Lost

My home office is in the diningroom. Recently, at Thanksgiving, when I had people over for dinner, I moved a lot of my work to other areas, and reorganized my papers and put them out of the way. Big mistake. I have misplaced several things that are important. I lost a bag of pretty jewelry pins that I had bought to give to friends and family as stocking stuffers. This was all very pretty sparkly stuff and I miss it! I have torn the rooms apart, looking in every box and basket, and...no bag. Yesterday I realized that I have also lost my little red Moleskine address book. Losing one's address book just when Christmas cards are supposed to go out is a very bad thing. Today, I found out that I have lost a bill, which never got paid, hence, a surcharge, and another unhappy search for lost stuff. Somewhere I think there is a box, with a neat fitting lid, and in this box is all Pandora's stuff!

It isn't like I live in chaos. I don't. (I live in a houseful of yarn and knitting projects.) It is just that some gremlin had moved things, and I think the gremlin is me. Moving my stuff out of the way, and putting things away can be a bigger problem than just leaving it out where it can all be seen. Now I am threatening never to have anyone over for dinner again.

Someday I think that the Christmas gift pins and the crucial little red address book will show up. They will be found in a box, a basket, or a tote bag that I have neatly squirreled away somewhere.

Now WHERE????

Have a great day.