Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Wedding

I don't know quite how to write a blog when I am speechless and have tears in my eyes. I just can't express how wonderful it was to be present at Michael and Michelle's wedding and to see all the good wishes they received from our families and friends. It was a weekend full of fun, parties, dinners, quiet times with each other, errand-running, shopping, nervous anticipation, and then...the wedding.

Michael and Michelle had a wedding that was perfect. It reflected who they are as individuals and as a couple. It was beautiful, and it unfolded like the wings of a butterfly. Held in an outdoor garden where no florist flowers were even necessary, they were surrounded by lush gardens, butterflies, and small fountains. The setting was gorgeous, and simple, and the wedding day was cool and sunny.

The wedding was held in beautiful Brookside Gardens in Wheaton, Maryland, and just before the ceremony began, I saw a beautiful large Tiger Swallowtail butterfly fly right past me like an angel. I am sure that this was a special blessing to me, and reminded me again of how special it is to be able to share this day together.

In the garden, under a gazebo, Michelle and Michael made their vows to start their new life together, and the ceremony was perfect and they were surrounded by people who love them. It was an occasion of a lifetime for me, and one that I will never ever forget.