Sunday, September 17, 2006

A busy week

Mike sent me an email with links to pictures he and Michelle took while they were on their honeymoon. They were in Glacier Point on Thursday, and the pictures are incredible. There are pictures of Lake Tahoe, and the giant redwoods, and the scenery just goes on and on. I hope that being surrounded by so much beauty for two weeks will see them home safe and rested and ready for the rest of their journey as a married couple.

My week has been spent making and listing new jewelry. I have also been making some special orders, and delivered two yesterday. Tuesday we leave for Oklahoma to visit mother. I'm always happy to be going there, and she get so excited to have us there. She wants to take us out for the new Chinese buffet that they have in El Reno. She is truly amazing. Every day, when I wake up and stretch, I wonder what it is like to live 97 years and stretch out for a new day every morning. She is very flexible, and interested in the world, and doesn't give up on what she wants. She is formidable! I love her.

George is going to his flying club picnic today, and we are meeting friends who are bringing their 11 year old son. It is a fine day to fly and eat hamburgers, both.

Oh, the other thing I did this week was spend 5 hours total on the phone with tech support about my new Dell laptop. Unfortunately, it took us a lot of time, and three lengthy calls to three different technicians to finally fiqure out the problem: a bad memory card. By unscrewing the back and replacing and testing, we discovered why it took 10 tries to boot up my computer, and now I'm going to be all fixed when the new card arrives at my mom's house on Tuesday. I waited for George to come home to unscrew the back and replace cards. That whole idea of unscrewing a computer freaked me out. I'm not blaming Dell, and the technicians do good work over the phone and try their best. They are patient and it was amazing to see how they handled the steps on the process of narrowing down the options. The problem was compounded by the fact that the computer booted up fine when it was warm,...so we would think we had the problem solved and then the next day, nothing. All's well.

Have a great week. Happy Trails.