Sunday, May 28, 2006

A trip to Kittery

George and I made a little trip to Kittery, Maine yesterday to go to the fashion outlets. Fashion? Most of what we shop for is at Corning, and we always hit the Villeroy and Boch "clearance closet", Pfaltzgraf outlet, Crate and Barrell and Lenox. Yesterday we bought a new pie plate. That may not seem like a big deal, but all my old reliable pie plates are big, and I wanted this one because I can make pie for two...and because it is pretty. It wasn't even on sale.

Villeroy and Boch is my favorite store, and my favorite line of china. I wish I was doing it all over again, and I would get a set of their beautiful French provincial. Everything in that store just suits me fine. It is expensive and worth every penny.

I dropped into the Coach store to lust after the handbags. Even on sale, they are way above my budget. The sales clerks were very attentive, if not intrusive. I was looking at a small wallet, to find the price. The young lady came up to me and said that it was now $99, but that originally it was $287.00. I told her, rather sweetly I thought, that originally it was overpriced. There was a beautiful straw bag marked down to $180 that really wanted me to take it home, but I decided that ... I needed to run away.

Today is church, the last day of Sunday School, and then another day of finding out what kind of trouble we can get into. I know I need to work on more jewelry and am going to make some crocheted necklaces for my Ebay Store. I hear the customers clamoring for more. I hope.

Have a great day.