Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Company Party

Today I get to host a going-away lunch for three people who are leaving from one program. The parties always fall to me, it is in my job description. Nice. Today we are having catered sandwiches, tortellini and potato salad, chips, sodas & a sheet cake that says "Happy Trails" in green and yellow. The caterer is top notch and I'm sure everything will be wonderful. 25 people have RSVP'd and I have a few helpers from another program to set up tables and chairs.

Parties to me mean a car full of paper plates, napkins, sodas, table cloths, coolers and ice. I also have to make room for the cake which I pick up at ten. George always helps with the shopping and the schlepping, and we did most of it last weekend. He also gets invited, since I don't think it would be fair to ask him to help and not feed him!

A rainy day in Boston and I have a lot of running around to do before 11:00 this morning. But I don't mind. It will be fun.

Then it is home again at 2:30 to make more jewelry!

Have a great day everyone.