Friday, April 14, 2006

Treasures From My Home

I recently started selling some antiques and small treasures that I have here in my home. My thoughts are that over the years I have collected some beautiful things, but as I get older (egads!) some of these things have just lost their appeal to me and I'm ready to move them on. I try to take good pictures, write good and honest descriptions, set a very fair price, and then just throw the listing to the winds of Ebay. So far, the winds are favorable. I have sold 8 out of 10 things that I have listed and my little "treasures" business is a success.

Today I listed these Royal Tara Bone China Sugar and Creamer Set that I believe my aunt gave me a long time ago. In the thirty years or so that I have had them, I have never once used them, and they are just sitting in amongst the larger pieces in the china cabinet looking lonesome. So, I wrote a listing and am selling them.

It is fun to sell these things and find homes for items that I no longer want. I believe that Ebayers like to find something that is truly valuable, or unique, or something they feel that they can't live without. I have sold antique Dunkin'Donuts cups, Mary Englebreit candle holders, a pewter candlestick, some lavender sachet, and a Lenox bird figurine. I have even sold more than that, but I can't remember it all right now. One thing I know, I will not miss these things, and I wish them well wherever they may land.

Have a great day!