Sunday, April 30, 2006

One Day At A Time

George and I are having a relaxing weekend. Since my mother is in the hospital, I am trying to stay calm and lay low. It is best for me if I don't try to do too much when I am thinking and worrying about her. The doctor is hoping that they can reduce the fluid retention and hope that they can send her back home soon. She is 96, and her heart is not good, and this is probably the result of that. She doesn't want to hear the words "heart failure", but that is what the heart doctor said...and mom was very upset. We all were. So I am praying and hoping that she will be better and home soon, but in the meantime...one day at a time.

The flip side of this worry is my elation over Michael and Michelle's upcoming marriage. I am so excited for them. The wedding is September 3rd, and they are now out shopping for a townhouse. It is just so nice for two young people to be so happy. I am thrilled beyond words. My only goal for their wedding is to get through it without tears, something that seems unlikely since I hardly ever think about it without tearing up.

Today is Sunday and it is time for me to go cut crosses out of construction paper that my Sunday Schoolers will use to fold up into boxes. It is a nice little craft project for them, and they are so fun and cute. Off to church.

Have a great day.