Monday, February 20, 2006

Cold to Warm

On Wednesday morning I leave for Oklahoma to visit my mom in the skilled nursing facility. It has been really hard emotionally for me to handle the fact that she is there, and I am constantly concerned about her care there. I know they do their best, but "nursing homes" as they are called, are just not good places to be. I was very sad to have to see her there.

While I am in Oklahoma, we are selling a house that she owns and it is my job to go to the close and handle the business end of it. I'm just hoping that all turns out okay. I am a little nervous about this trip and don't know why exactly. I hope that I get to visit with mom a lot, get her more clothes if she needs them, get her errands done and still find some time to rest myself. I may find out when she will be able to return home, and will schedule a time to meet with her doctor. The last trip, when she was in the hospital, was much harder than this will be, so I am hoping to have some time to relax a little.

One thing I will not miss is the cold weather we have had this weekend in Boston. The house seems drafty, and I am just plain cold! I realized going out to the car tonight, that my whole body hurts with the cold. It will not be nearly so cold in Oklahoma, so I am looking forward to that.

George and I have had a good time this week watching the Olympics and I will be sorry when they are over. Seeing all those snow sports in such a cold country as the Italian Alps makes me shiver. Right now, I'm routing for SPRING!

Have a great day.