Thursday, February 09, 2006

Catch Up

I leave again for Oklahoma to see my mom on February 22 for a week. I am counting the days and she is too. I haven't been able to talk to her, since they have to bring her to a phone, and her condition is such that she sleeps, rests, eats, and has her physical therapy. Phone time isn't included in her schedule I'm afraid. It is worrying and I am trying hard to find a place in my life where I can leave my worries behind. My friend said that when she took care of her aging parents, she found that the prayer and humor got her through. I will remember hugging my mom when she was holding a banana, and getting banana all over my glasses. That was a laugh we both shared.

In the meantime, I catch up with work, with bill paying, with house keeping, with jewelry making, and all the other aspects of life which are there--no matter what. Anyone know any good jokes?

Have a great day.