Monday, December 19, 2005

Spilled Milk

I got up early this Monday morning, to work on my to do list for Christmas, and think about what needed to be done for our office open house tomorrow morning. I lit the candles, made myself coffee, turned on the Christmas tree lights, and was quietly enjoying dawn's early light. In a few minutes, George joined me, went to the kitchen to get his cereal, came back to the livingroom and spilled milk all over the cat. Thunder just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. After leaving a trail of milk drops across the floor, she is now in the kitchen busily trying to take a kitty milk bath.

It is a busy time of year. Yesterday I taught Sunday School, and the time I'm with the kids just flies. Looking at those pretty little faces looking up at me, and seeing how industrious they are about looking up the Bible verses and doing the puzzles and crafts, really brings to me the true meaning of Christmas. The last of the Advent candles are lit, and next week Christmas is here.

We are almost done with the wrapping and giving part and now we move on to cookies. My mother is not well, and is alone this year, so I especially want to get a pannetone bread and a box of cookies off to her. Micheal arrives on Thursday, and will help with the cookie baking part. (Right, Mike? hehe.)

Tomorrow is my office open house, and I have lots to do to pick up the platters of fruit, cheese and baked goods and prepare the coffee and punch and have it all set up by 8:00 a.m. It was my idea to have an open house, so I do it willingly and George will be there to help me do the schlepping.

It is hard to realize that Christmas Day is only one day, and a quiet one at that. All this bustle is the real "fun" of Christmas, and we might as well enjoy ourselvs in the process.

Have a great day.