Thursday, December 01, 2005

Don't let the turkeys get you down!

George and I were leaving for work this morning, both of us going out the door at the same time. We came to a sudden stop. There, going down the front walk, were 24 wild turkeys. They looked like they were taking a leisurely stroll in the neighborhood.

I came back in the house to get something, since there was no way we were going to be pulling our cars out into a gaggle of turkeys. I went out later, and both the turkeys and George were no where to be found. As I got into my car, I see George standing in his white shirt and tie, pouring seed from a liter jar onto the driveway, surrounded by all 24 turkeys! He looked like he was feeding the ducks. He looked at me in wonder, and I had to laugh out loud. What a great sight to see as I was pulling out of the driveway.

We are wondering where on earth these turkeys go during the weeks when we do not see them. There is a small woods near our house, but development has carved away at it until it is almost non-existant. We talked about the fact that wild turkeys live in trees. They live somewhere nearby, that is for sure. And then, George was wondering why they don't come back more, since we are obviously soft touches, as we scramble to get another liter jug of bird seed every time they come to visit.

I have had a busy week, and there is another craft show on Saturday. I need to hurry and make more jewelry, since Ebay sales have been good, and my inventory is way down.

Too busy to talk more turkey.

Have a great day!