Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Felled by a cat scratcher


Last night about 9:00, I was walking determinedly to my computer, and I hit the carpeted cat scratcher thing with my little toe. I thought I had broken it! I yowled in pain, and the pain did not go away. I was on the floor, and eventually was able to get as far as the couch. George came with an ice pack. Keeping the ice pack on the toe was an ordeal, since even touching my toe made me want to scream.

We considered going to the hospital, but I couldn't walk, so how was I to get there? I wasn't going to call an ambulance because my toe hurt. So...I slept on the couch with an ice pack because I couldn't even limp up the stairs to get to the bedroom. Pain!

I took four Advils during the night -- probably overdosing a bit -- and slept like a baby and woke up this morning with a slightly swollen sore toe that is now turning a few colors of pale blue. I no longer think the toe is broken, since I can move it, and I was able to walk and even climb the stairs to a refreshing shower.

I now look at the cat scratcher with alarm. This cat scratching post has seen it's last day in this house. As soon as I can walk, I'm going to go buy a much softer one.

Have a good day!