Thursday, January 11, 2007

Stuff Happens

I'm not going to go into it here, but things have not worked out exactly as I planned and I've had to do a lot of mental maneuvering lately. Bad stuff happens to good people, and that is the truth. Tonight, after a long tedious commute home, I walked in to a view of these beautiful amaryllis blooms, which were the most beautiful thing I'd seen all day. Bad things happen, but good things happen too, and sometimes we have to count our blessings.

Years ago, when I was in turns a little more flighty and a little more often furious than I am now, I learned to handle bad things or emotional upsets by going into the bathroom, locking myself in there, and making a top 10 GRATEFUL LIST in my head. By naming to yourself the ten things in your life that you are most grateful for, almost any case of the mads or the blues immediately gets better. This has been a week for the grateful list.

Top Ten:
My family
George, my love, my buddy, and the man who makes my dinner when I'm getting home late
My 97 year old marvel of a mom
My wonderful and loyal friends
My nice red Ford Focus
My ability to mix colors together that makes dressing in the morning a lot more fun
My online jewelry and Ebay friends, who hardly know me, and like me anyway
My jewelry studio in the kitchen filled with beautiful beads and silver and gold
My cute kitty
The fact that I am relatively free of big problems
That I am not addicted to anything and my health is good
Oh,...and the fact that ten good things leads to eleven.

So, with all that to be grateful for, who cares what happened this week~!
Have a lovely day.