Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Blogging along through January

I have really enjoyed blogging over the years. I can hardly believe how many posts I have, and how much I have written. I write and someone reads and that is enough. I am happy with simple things. My blog is called flowers and fiber, because that is what I thought I would write about. But that is not the case. I just write about my life. It is enough.

January is like the day after Marti Gras. I like to watch the parade cams that are set up on the parade routes and Bourbon Street in New Orleans on the day after Marti Gras. You can see that the minute it turns midnight the trucks sweep and wash down the streets. All the glitter and romance are gone, and the grit and crud are soon gone too. Good.

The month of January is a time for housecleaning. We have packed up our Christmas tree, and put the ribbon and paper away for next year, and are just sweeping up the little things that said Christmas at our house. The fudge that we got as a gift is gone, thank God, and now we can move on to lettuce and carrot sticks. The house cleaners were here yesterday and our living room looks twice as large without the big tree at one end.

Christmas was fun, and I loved every minute of it, and I'm glad that it is over. It is good to be home, to be warm, and to be busy at work again.

Have a great day.