Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Running a jewelry business while running around

Since I came home from Oklahoma, things have been pretty much a running disaster. While I was gone, I didn't pay much attention to calendars, and when I got back I kept missing appointments. I found out that I had missed a craft fair where I had paid $50 for a table. I was already feeling a little foolish about that when I realized that I had missed a class that I signed up for. I was at church on Sunday and mentioned the missed class to a friend who was in the know about the class. She said, "oh, the class wasn't yesterday, it's today!" I called the beading shop where the class was to be held, and found out that although I would be two hours late, I was still invited to come and learn what I could.

I attended the class, caught up with the others and finished a really pretty woven bracelet that is pictured on my other site. At least I didn't miss that class completely, which would have been a real shame! It was fun and I can't wait to start making more of those beautiful bracelets and listing the for sale. This is going to be fun!

Today I am marking all my activities on my calendar and trying to get caught up. I have been working on jewelry to take to the consignment art and gift store, and finished 12 pieces in the past three days. My hands hurt from making jewelry when I go to bed at night. And I still can't wait to start on the next project. I lay awake nights thinking of new techniques and color schemes.

The Trinitarian Congraegational Church craft fair is this Saturday in North Andover, and I have a lot of work to do to make enough items to make my table exciting and therefore profitable. It is a challenge to make jewelry under pressure, but it is still the most fun thing I can think of!

Have a great day.