Monday, June 19, 2006

A wonderful trip

I just got back from the Bead and Button Show in Milwaukee. It was fantastic. On Thursday night, which was wholesalers night, when I walked into that whole huge carpeted and air-conditioned room of fabulous glass artists and bead sellers, I almost cried with excitement. I actually found myself standing there with my mouth open! It was a wonderful show, a wonderful time, and I was exhausted when I got home.

The Bead and Button Show is one of the largest in the country, and I hope I get to go every year. I am committed to growing my business so I can make that happen. I bought a lot of gemstone beads and beautiful pearls, and a lot of artist made lampwork beads. I met some wonderful people, and it was a joy to be with so many people who are in love with beads and glass.

I got to spend time with new friends, the weather was glorious and the whole long weekend was just splendid. Yesterday my flight was scheduled with a three hour layover in Detroit. I had dreaded that long 3 hours at the end of my trip for days. When I got to Milwaukee, I couldn't get the automated check-in to work. I was afraid my flight had been cancelled. The agent told me that they had an overbooked flight to Detroit and they had changed me to a Midwest Airlines flight NON-STOP to Boston, leaving at the same time. I believe I said, "Thank the Lord". I arrived 4 hours earlier than expected. The flight had two seats across, big roomy leather seats, and a wonderful fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. I was so relieved and comfortable, I said a little prayer of thanksgiving and almost cried again!

Today is back to work with dreams of beautiful beads still floating in my head. Oh what a wonderful time I had!

Have a good day.