Monday, November 07, 2005

Thanksgiving Plans

November is here. The trees in New England are not nearly so colorful this year, but most have changed now to a deep orange rust color. The air is crisp and people have gotten out their LL Bean velour I've noticed. The sky today is a white, cloudy sky that looks like winter.

For some reason, my calendar for November is filling up with appointments, dinners, and meetings. It is a busy time. Then, Thankgiving comes, and it all seems to start a fast slide into the hoiday rush. I am very excited about our Thanksgiving car trip to Washington DC for Thanksgiving. It is a crowded time on the highways, but we have decided to go anyway, and will make a stop in Atlantic City to put a few quarters into the slot machines. One year we did that, made a haul of quarters at one machine, and used those quarters for tolls all the way home. It was fun. I always have a box of goodies to cook with and a few extra pots and pans that I need at Michael's house. The doorman in Atlantic City that year didn't seem to mind at all when we had him park our car, and I said, "don't let anyone steal my turkey that is in the back".

We enjoy the drive through Deleware, and don't enjoy at al the drive home on the New Jersey Turnpike, but...we will allow for 2 days for a 1 day ride, and we will make it home fine I'm sure. No matter what, it will be worth it to see Mike at Thanksgiving!

Have a great day.