Sunday, November 06, 2005

A little busier than I like it

Time to let my blogging audience, (if I have one), know what is going on. I have been very busy with my jewelry business. Over the past two months I have worn a path from the diningroom photo studio to the computer to list hundreds of pictures on Ebay. I do not have this down to a science. Each photo is labored over, edited, color balanced, thought about, and each description is hand written with a lot of thought. Ebay told me that when you open a store, it is best to sell items that are the same, so that you can write one description and then just keep relisting. I'm not doing that yet. All my jewelry is different. Each piece comes right from the heart, and I take a lot of interest in making each piece different. I am a jewelry designer and creater, not a robot.

Will this worn out patch of carpeting between the two rooms lead to anything? George said this morning, "well, you are having fun with it." "Trying to make money on your hobby is a little different". I'm not making money, of course, but I am making just enough to pay my Ebay bills. Urg. Not enough money to pay for the beads yet.

But my life has taken another turn I think, and I am committed to making jewelry and getting it out to people who love to wear it. I make far more than I could ever wear, and I love making something that someone else likes enough to pay for it. I lay awake and think about new designs, and I love shopping for beads, of course. Doesn't everybody?

My prices are low. My hopes are high. I feel like the hours that I spend doing what I really love to do are worth the effort. My favorite times are working quietly at the jewelry bench with a cup of herb tea and some classical music. Oh, and of course, when I do that happy dance when something sells!

Have a great day.