Saturday, September 18, 2010

My new Kindle

My new Kindle arrived yesterday. I downloaded several books - some free from Amazon. When the price hit $139 at Amazon I decided that it was time. I love my Kindle! It is a really cool thing to have so many wonderful books at my fingertips. I had my Kindle for only a few minutes and downloaded The Cossacks (free) by Tolstoy, The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin (free), Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro (free), The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver (not free), War and Peace (free) and Four Classics: Billy Budd, The Scarlet Letter, Huckleberry Finn and Red Badge of Courage ($6.95). That should keep me busy for a little while! George's fear was that too much money would be spent on books. I assured him that with the kind of books I like to read - it will take me while before I have to pay for new ones.

This morning I started looking at Kindle cases on Amazon. I didn't want to spend the $60 for the lighted case, or the $100 for the Cole Haan hand stained pebble leather. Nor did I want to spend $35 for the hand crafted cases on Etsy (with $5 shipping). I looked and looked and never saw one I liked for less than $20. Then, down in the Google list I see an article about the best Kindle cases, and a picture of a kindle in a 6x9 padded envelope. Voila!!

Here is my new Kindle case. Hand made, and free, just like I like it.

Have a good day.